Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) transitioned from NOC 2016 to NOC 2021, which uses the TEER system, on November 16th, 2022. This transition affects the majority of prospective immigrants in the economic stream, such as Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Programs, and more.
Finding the right NOC 2021 code and TEER category is extremely important for a successful immigration application because choosing the wrong option can often lead to application refusals. There are over 500 NOC 2021 codes categorized under TEER 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. You can do a quick search using our NOC 2021 tool.
Guide to Finding Your TEER Category and NOC 2021 Code
- Start by going to noc.esdc.gc.ca to use their NOC Search tool.
- Select the NOC 2021 version and click ‘Search by NOC code.’
- Now, you can enter different keywords for your job, and the search tool will show you previews of potential NOC codes.
- Click ‘Search’ after choosing a job title that best fits your job.
- After, you’ll see several different pieces of information about the job. You’ll have to make sure that the lead statement of the NOC matches your job description and that you’ve conducted a majority of the main duties listed under the NOC.
- Lastly, check that there are no NOC codes listed under ‘NOC exclusions’ that match your job. Repeat these steps until you find a NOC code that best matches your job.