Temporary Residence & Permits Canada

🍁 Visitor Visa • Study Permit • Work Permit 🍁

Temporary Residence and Permits Canada

What is a Temporary Resident in Canada?

A temporary resident is a foreign national who is legally authorized to enter and remain in Canada temporarily.

While there are several processes to enter Canada as a temporary resident, the top 3 ways foreign nationals can obtain temporary resident status is to apply as a visitor, student, or worker.

Visitor Visa & eTA

Looking to visit Canada temporarily? You’ll need a valid temporary resident visa or an electronic travel authorization to enter the country

Study Permit

Looking to study in Canada? If your studies are longer than 6 months, you’ll need a valid study permit to legally study in Canada

Work Permit

Looking to work in Canada? You’ll need a valid work permit to work legally in Canada.

What Does Canadian Law Say About Temporary Residence?

Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) is considered the bible of Canadian immigration. It is the law that governs Canada’s immigration policies, processes, and procedures. Everything Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) does is aligned with IRPA. In IRPA, it says:

179 An officer shall issue a temporary resident visa to a foreign national if, following an examination, it is established that the foreign national

(a) has applied in accordance with these Regulations for a temporary resident visa as a member of the visitor, worker or student class;
(b) will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay under Division 2;
(c) holds a passport or other document that they may use to enter the country that issued it or another country;
(d) meets the requirements applicable to that class;
(e) is not inadmissible;
(f) meets the requirements of subsections 30(2) and (3), if they must submit to a medical examination under paragraph 16(2)(b) of the Act; and
(g) is not the subject of a declaration made under subsection 22.1(1) of the Act.

If you only read Act 179 of IRPA, many questions arise:

  • How can I prove I will leave Canada at the end of my stay?
  • What class should I apply under and what are the requirements?
  • What is inadmissibility and how do I know if I am inadmissible?

These questions can only be answered by reading other sections in IRPA, the Immigration Refugees and Protection Regulations (IRPR), as well as IRCC policy guidelines and manuals. At Mygration, we specialize in understanding and applying IRPA, IRPR, as well as other IRCC policy guidelines and manuals to successfully help you come to Canada. Give us a call or send us a message to make sure you submit a proper application the first time. Apply quickly, securely, and successfully with Mygration.

Starting at $65 CAD

  • 20, 40, or 60 Minutes of In-Person or Video meeting
  • Consult with our Senior Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
  • Ask questions you have about Canadian immigration programs
  • Understand your immigration options
  • Plan your immigration roadmap
  • If you retain our Full Representation services within 7 days of your consultation, you’ll receive a credit equivalent to your consultation fee

Application Review
Starting at $275 CAD

  • Prepare immigration applications yourself and have our Senior Regulated Canada Immigration Consultant professionally review it
  • Detailed review of application forms and supporting documents
  • Full completeness check
  • Catch errors and red flags
  • Get peace of mind with this budget-friendly service

Full Representation
Starting at $1,000 CAD

  • Your entire application prepared by a Senior Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
  • Immigration strategy development
  • On-demand support for Q&A
  • All government forms and supporting documentation
  • Professional RCIC Submission Letter with relevant case-law
  • Submitted using our IRCC Representative Portal
  • Post submission tracking and support

Still Not Sure?

Give us a call!